Sunday, December 10, 2006

Anything To See?.....

Dive with The Hantu Bloggers at Pulau Hantu this morning. When we arrived at the dive site, four dive boats were already there conducting diving course. So it was a crowded day and somehow expected that the vis to be the same as my dive two weeks ago. Yes, the vis was about 1m (sometimes zero) today.

On my first dive, don't know why I have problem equalising. My right ear was feeling the pain as I descended. So I signal to my buddies (Ivy & Philip) that I have problem equalising and ascended. I waited at the surface to meet again but there was no sign of them (Later, Ivy told me that she thought that I have aborted the dive and that's why they did not surface). So, I decided to do a solo dive and stay shallow. And second dive was smooth with no equalising problem and we managed to finish the dive together.

Anyway, back to the question. Anything to see in such bad vis?

Of course there are! If you go about slowly (and with the help of a reef guide), you will see beyond the silts.

Didn’t encounter any new nudibranch today. Nonetheless, we still have the usual suspects.



Lots of jorunna funebris, pteraeolidia ianthina(Blue Dragon Nudibranch) and a gymnodoris alba.



Got stung by hydroids on my right arm when trying to take a pic of this big flatworm Philip found. I was just too excited to notice the hydroids near by.



An Ocellate Pipefish, False-clown and Tomato Anemonefish



Close up of a Fanworm.



Crinoid/ Featherstar hiding under a rock.


Corals, Corals and more Corals! Some with their tentacles out.



I like the pink ones. They look like little bouquet of flowers. Are they goniopora??? The orange one (a boulder coral) is so huge (a meter wide at least) that I felt like giving it a hug. For that size, It must be more than hundred years old (coral grows very slowly at about 1-2cm per year) and how strong it is to have been through the dramatic changes in our water quality all these years.

Will be back again at Pulau Hantu next week. Hopefully, the vis will turn better. :O)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home