Thursday, April 10, 2008

Melibe At Cyrene!!!.....

Thank God that I went back to look at it when Sijie said that he had found a big nudibranch that looks like brown seaweed! :o)

It's the Melibe.sp!!!


We hardly get to see one as some of them really look like seaweeds. And we have been searching them for years!!! Thus, we called it our "Holy Grail" for nudibranch search too!

This is actually my second sighting of this nudibranch. The first being during a Semakau guided walk.

And here's a video of it swimming!


What a Great find!!! Thanks Sijie!!! :o)

And want to know what other stuffs were seen during TeamSeagrass transect at Cyrene this morning? Well.....here are the links :

- Post by Vyna on TeamSeagrass Blog.
- More Melibe photos and other adventures on Wildfilms Blog.
- Sijie's post on his NatureScouter Blog.
- Kok Sheng's sighting of new seastar on his God's wonderful creation Blog and more.
- Budak puts his adventures here and here.
- Photos on my Flickr

4 Comments:

Blogger Wai said...

Cool!!! Cyrene is just the most amazing place. Saw a beautiful nudibranch with an internal shell there once. Still have no idea what it was...

April 11, 2008 12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it is simply the most amazing and beautiful place!

Every trip is worth my taken leave! Looking forward to the next trip in June. :o)

My only hope is that it will remain like this and not get buried under a pile of sand.

A nudibranch with an internal shell? Wow, that's cool! *Any pic?*
I am interested to find out too!;o)

April 11, 2008 9:52 AM  
Blogger Wai said...

Eh. No leh. Didn't have my camera with me that day, but I posted a description on my blog at the beginning of March last year.

I just looked it up and I think it may have been Philinopsis cyanea.

April 11, 2008 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi!~! i'm a student here in south korea and studying on Melibe viridis..i'm glad you're also interested with this organism..do you any information regarding the rearing of this melibe?...thanks

bernadeth

February 15, 2011 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home