Sunday, August 31, 2008

After 4 Months Absence.....

I am back diving at Pulau Hantu with The Hantu Bloggers this morning!

Well.....I almost make it a 5 months absence cos I almost overslept again! Luckily a ringing phone woke me up just in time. Phew!

Since I have not been diving at Hantu for quite sometimes, I have been missing all the nudibranch there! So looking out for nudibranch was my main focus for today's dives.

Ahhh.....Hantu did not disappoint me! Cos I saw lots of nudibranch! There's even a new nudibranch sighting for me!

So here are the nudis:


The first nudibranch of the day! And HB had her wish to see one granted! Found it on a Sea Whip. It's Tritonia bollandi!


You can't miss the usual suspect, the Blue Dragon(Pteraeolidia ianthina). Juveniles and adults.


Various species of Phyllidia nudibranch.


A Gymnodoris nudibranch (Gymnodoris sp)


A Tambja nudibranch (Tambja sp.)


A very very tiny Dermatobranchus nudibranch (Dermatobranchus sp.)


A purplish Cuthona sibogae.


Plenty of Ceratosoma gracillimum! I lost count after seeing five!

And this one below is an interesting sight as it was hanging in mid-air(Err...I mean water :oP)!


Yup! It was hanging down a "cliff" by the slimy thread behind its rear! Wow! Nudibranch repelling!

Found two species of the Bornella nudibranch.


This one is Bornella sp. But this one was not as juicy looking as those that I had seen before.


Whereas, this is Bornella anguilla. It swim like an Eel! Saw a total of three today.


My second sighting of this nudibranch at Hantu. It's Cadlinella ornatissima. This one was sightly bigger than the one I first came across in January.

And here's the new nudi sighting for me:


It's an Aeolid nudibranch but I have no idea on the exact ID. My guess could be Phestilla sp. Or anyone would like to enlighten?

Of course, besides the nudibranch, Pulau Hantu also offers these:


Flatworms! Big and small ones!


Lots of Featherstar! Especially the red ones!


A very shy Blue-spotted Fantail Stingray hiding in crevice.


And a blenny living in a bottle. So cute! Hee.....I actually stalked this guy! Waiting patiently for it to peek out of the bottle.

What a good dive after months of absence with a comfortable vis of 3m and wonderful sightings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home