Sunday, April 12, 2009

Partially Wet @ Pulau Hantu.....

The visibility at Pulau Hantu still looks good at the North Jetty this morning since my previous dive 2 weeks ago.


But today.....I was not there to dive into that blue instead I was there for an intertidal trip. So I got myself only submerged in water that was only up to my knee level. That's why only partially wet lor.



So what sightings were encountered?


Saw pretty lots of the Red Crinoid/Featherstar. I had lost counts after seeing about 10.


Arghhh!!!....This kind of Jellyfish is back in season (saw them yesterday at Pulau Semakau too)! To those divers who are going for any dive trip in local water in recent weeks, please remember to wear your long wetsuit unless your threshold for pain and itch is very high. Gosh.....I can still remember the pain.




Pretty Anemones.....Looks like a (Top) Branched-tentacle Anemone (Phymanthus sp.), (Middle) A Bubble-tip Anemone (Entacmaea quadricolor) and (Bottom) A Magnificant Anemone (Heteractis magnifica). But did not see any Anemonefish in the latter two.

Sam found one black Anemone in the lagoon.


It's looks like a Haeckel's Anemone (Actinostephanus haeckeli). And it was this big;


See the size of it compared to the tip of my bootie?





Nudibranch! (Top-down): A Bohol nudibranch (Discodoris boholiensis), A Black-margined nudibranch (Glossodoris atromarginata), A couple of Polka-dot nudibranch (Jorunna funebris) and the last one looks like a Varicose Phyllid nudibranch (Phyllidia varicosa).

And talking about Molluscs, Alicia found this in the lagoon;


Hmmmm.....what is it?!?!

Hur? Hur? Hur?

Here's a photo of the animal in full view;
.
.
.
.
.


It's a Sundial snail!!! My first sighting of a live one!!! Wow!!!

And here's a video of it.


Music credit : 《太陽》by 陳綺貞(Cheer Chen)

It's a good trip indeed even though I was only half-submerged in water.....:op

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home